LED bulb manufacturing business idea is a small scale manufacturing business plan to start. You also can start making money by assembling led bulbs. Here in this article I have shared detailed guide about both business plans. Let’s see.
Overview: led bulb manufacturing business Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity.
In 2020, the worldwide LED bulb industry will be worth $6.7 billion.
An LED (light-emitting diode) bulb is an electric lamp that consists of many clusters of LEDs set on a base.
In comparison to traditional lighting sources such as incandescent and fluorescent lights, LED bulbs to provide a slew of benefits, including a smaller footprint, a longer lifespan, reduced energy consumption, and lower heat emission.
These bulbs are also available in a variety of wattages, colors, and forms, as well as dimmable control.
LED bulbs are now widely utilized in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors all over the world as a result of this.
Global LED Bulbs Market Drivers:
Power usage is currently increasing all across the world.
The high pace of power consumption can be linked to an increase in the global population, expensive electrical power subsidies by numerous governments, and insufficient measures to rationalize use.
However, rising electrical use has not been met by appropriate electrical output, resulting in a power shortage.
As a result, energy-efficient items such as LED lamps are in high demand.
To broaden their customer base, manufacturers are launching distinctive marketing campaigns using numerous advertising platforms such as newspapers, television, and the internet.
Furthermore, the market is expected to increase due to ongoing support from the government and other regulatory authorities.
As well as increasing product awareness among the people.
There has been an increasing movement in recent years to promote environmental preservation and energy saving.
Governments in several markets, such as China and India, for example, have promoted the usage of LED lighting in their respective countries.
As a consequence, LED bulbs have emerged as one of the most important energy-efficient lighting alternatives, with the industry poised to grow in the future years.
Automotive, general illumination, mobile devices, signal and signs, healthcare, forensic, street lighting, and academia all employ LED lights.
In the long run, we expect demand for LED bulbs to rise across many end-use sectors as a result of rising urbanization and industrialization in emerging nations.
You can see the full detail in this led bulb manufacturing project report
led bulb manufacturing companies
Top 3 LED Lighting Companies in India.
India has positioned itself as a vital player in the battle against climate change. Several UN gatherings have seen it outline plans to reduce its carbon impact.
In fact, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Davos meeting, he made it clear that India had altered gears to combat climate change.
While this is a large story, it will only come to completion if little steps are taken. India’s switch to LED lighting is one such tiny but major move.
India is now one of the world’s largest markets for LED lighting. This claim is backed up by statistics.
According to F&S, LED lighting adoption in India’s lighting sector would reach 57 percent by 2021.
This would be a major accomplishment in and of itself. That leads us to the firms that have paved the way for India to become a major LED lighting industry.
India is home to some of the world’s largest LED lighting firms. The top 3 LED lighting firms in India are profiled here. Take a look at this:
1)Philips Electronics India Ltd
You’ve been familiar with this brand since you were a youngster. Although Philips is a Dutch company, it considers India to be its largest market for LED lighting.
It is one of the most popular and well-known LED light brands among customers. To the Indian customer, the company claims cutting-edge technology and a wide selection of LED lighting solutions.
Philips has a large range of LED lights, which means that there is an LED for everyone. The company is also a global leader in LED lighting.
And it has ensured that its goods in India benefit from all of that global knowledge and knowledge.
2)Osram India Pvt Ltd
German engineering is revered by many.
The Germans are regarded as having the greatest minds in the world when it comes to creating machines of all types.
So, what happens if a German firm decides to establish a manufacturing facility in India?
Simply said, you get solid German engineering, which translates to hassle-free LED lighting.
Osram India, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Osram GmbH, provides a comprehensive variety of LED lighting solutions to its clients.
The firm has succeeded to create LED lights for India, in India, with production units in Sonepat and Kundli.
Osram India provides a solution for all your LED lighting needs, from indoor to outdoor LED modules, lights to general illumination.
3)Havells India Ltd
Havells has 14 separate production facilities in India alone, which is a great statistic. You may be familiar with the corporation because of the iconic cable commercial claiming that Havells wires never catch fire.
That is a true testimonial to the company’s quality assurance. Havells is a newcomer to the LED lighting industry, having begun producing LED lights in 2010.
In that short period, it has established itself as one of India’s leading LED lighting enterprises.
Havells’ LED lighting solutions comprise, among other things, spotlights, lamps, and ceiling lights.
What is LED and how it functions?
In today’s world, LED bulbs and other lighting devices are the most popular and widely advertised lighting items.
As a result, there is always a desire to learn everything there is to know about this technical innovation in the field of lighting solutions.
To begin, let’s define LED bulbs and how they function.
The acronym LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, and these bulbs are over 90% more efficient than normal incandescent lights.
This piques people’s interest in learning more about how these bulbs function. Inside these bulbs is a microprocessor through which electrical current travels, activating small light sources called LEDs that provide visible light.
LED lights create less heat than their predecessors, resulting in better performance.
Because LED lights do not burn out as easily as incandescent or ordinary CFL lights, they are significantly more helpful.
Unlike incandescent lights, which burn out over time, LED bulbs progressively dim with continued use, alerting the user to replace the bulb as soon as possible.
With continued use of the bulb, the output of light given out reduces by roughly 30%, indicating that LED bulbs survive longer than standard bulbs, making them an excellent product for long-term use.
The advantages of LED light bulb
- The advantages of employing an emergency LED light are numerous.
- These typically have a battery life of roughly 25000 hours, so you can see how long they can last.
- It takes no more than 5 to 6 hours for these batteries to completely charge.
- These do not flicker or turn on immediately.
- These are incredibly simple to use and do not require much care, so you can appreciate the ease with which they may be used.
- Not to mention that they are energy-efficient.
- Emergency LED lamps may provide up to 4 to 5 hours of power backup.
- The bulbs are relatively inexpensive.
- The emergency lighting is simple to install.
How to start a led bulb manufacturing business?
Here I have got the information from madehow.com about the LED bulb. Here you will see
- The manufacturing process of led bulb
- led bulb manufacturing training
The led bulb manufacturing process- A step by step guide.
First step: Making semiconductor wafers
- The first step is to create a semiconductor wafer.
- The color of the LED being manufactured determines the material composition—GaAs, GaP, or anything in between.
- A high-temperature, high-pressure chamber is used to create the crystalline semiconductor.
- In the chamber, gallium, arsenic, and/or phosphor are refined and combined together. Heat and pressure cause the components to liquefy and push together, forcing them into a solution.
- They are generally coated with a coating of liquid boron oxide to block them from escaping into the pressure environment in the chamber, which closes them off and forces them to “stick together.”
- The Czochralski crystal formation process is also known as liquid encapsulation.
- A rod is dipped into the solution and carefully drawn out when the ingredients have been combined in a homogenous solution.
- As the rod is raised out of the chamber, the solution cools and crystallises on the end of the rod, creating a long, cylindrical crystal ingot (or boule) of GaAs, GaP, or GaAsP.
- Consider it as though you were preparing a cake.
- The boule is then cut into very thin semiconductor wafers, around 10 mils thick, or roughly the same thickness as a waste bag.
- The wafers are polished until their surfaces are exceedingly smooth, so that new layers of semiconductor may be applied to them.
- It works in the same way as sanding a table before painting it does. Each wafer should be a single crystal of uniformly composed material.
- Unfortunately, there are situations when the crystals have flaws that cause the LED to perform badly.
- Imperfections might be thought of as unmixed particles of flower or sugar floating in the cake while baking.
- Defects can also occur as a result of the polishing procedure; such imperfections also degrade device performance.
- The less the wafer acts like a single crystal, the less it acts like one; without a regular crystalline structure, the material would not act as a semiconductor.
- The wafers are then cleaned using multiple solvents in a rigorous chemical and ultrasonic process.
- This procedure cleans the polished wafer surface of any dirt, dust, or organic debris that has accumulated. The better the processing, the better the LED that results.
The second step: Adding epitaxial layers
- Additional layers of semiconductor crystal are developed on the wafer’s surface, similar to how extra layers are added to a cake.
- This is one method of introducing impurities, sometimes known as dopants, into the crystal.
- This time, a method known as Liquid Phase Epitaxy is used to generate the crystal layers (LPE).
- Epitaxial layers—semiconductor layers with the same crystallographic orientation as the substrate beneath—are produced on a wafer while it is dragged through molten GaAsP reservoirs in this process.
- Appropriate dopants have been mixed into the reservoirs.
- The wafer is supported by a graphite slide that is pushed via a channel underneath a molten liquid container (or melt, as it is called).
- Different dopants can be added in successive melts, or many dopants can be added in the same melt, resulting in layers of material with varying electrical densities.
- The crystal structure of the wafer will be continued by the deposited layers.
- LPE produces a very homogeneous layer of material, making it a popular growth and doping method. The resulting layers are many microns thick.
- It may be essential to add additional dopants after developing epitaxial layers to change the diode’s colour or efficiency properties.
- If more doping is required, the wafer is put in a high-temperature furnace tube and bathed in a gaseous environment containing the dopants—the most popular being nitrogen or zinc ammonium.
- To make the light more yellow or green, nitrogen is frequently added to the top layer of the diode.
Third step: Adding metal contacts
- The wafer’s metal contacts are subsequently specified.
- The contact pattern is defined during the design phase and is dependent on whether the diodes will be utilized single or in pairs.
- Photoresist, a light-sensitive material, is used to replicate contact patterns; the liquid resist is deposited in drops as the wafer rotates, dispersing it evenly throughout the surface.
- A quick roasting at a low temperature hardens the resist (about 215 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius).
- The master design, or mask, is then copied on the photoresist by laying it over the wafer and subjecting it to UV radiation (the same way a photograph is made from a negative).
- The contact metal is now ejected onto the pattern, filling in any gaps. Evaporation takes place in a separate high-temperature, vacuum-sealed container.
- A piece of metal is heated to the point that it vaporizes. Like vapor fogging a cold window, it condenses and adheres to the exposed semiconductor wafer.
- After that, the photoresist may be removed with acetone, leaving just the metal connections.
- On the rear side of the wafer, an extra layer of metal may be evaporated depending on the final mounting strategy for the LED.
- Any deposited metal must be annealed, which involves heating the wafer to several hundred degrees and leaving it in a furnace (with an inert environment of hydrogen or nitrogen running over it) for many hours.
- During this period, the metal and semiconductor chemically bind together, preventing the connections from flaking off.
- The identical pattern will be repeated up to 6000 times on a single 2 inch-diameter wafer created in this technique, giving an estimate of the size of the completed diodes.
- Cleaving (snapping the wafer along a crystal plane) or diamond sawing is used to separate the diodes.
- A die is a tiny chunk of a wafer that is carved out. Cutting is a tough and error-prone procedure that yields significantly less than 6000 total usable LEDs and is one of the most challenging problems in lowering semiconductor device production costs.
Fourth step: Mounting and packaging
- The dies are individually mounted on the appropriate packaging. The diode is attached on two metal leads approximately two inches long if it will be used alone as an indicator light or for jewellery, for example.
- The back of the wafer is usually covered with metal in this situation, and it makes electrical contact with the lead it is resting on.
- A teeny-tiny gold wire is connected to the other lead and wire-bonded to the die’s patterned contacts.
- The end of the wire is pushed down on the contact metal using a very thin needle in wire bonding.
- The gold is soft enough to distort and adhere to a metal surface that is similar to it.
- Finally, the whole thing is wrapped in plastic. The wires and die are hung inside a mould that is formed in accordance with the specifications.
- The size of the real LED is demonstrated by a standard LED indicator light. Although a tiny light bulb’s usual lifespan is 5-10 years, a contemporary LED should last 100 years or longer before failing.
- The size of the real LED is demonstrated by a standard LED indicator light.
- Although a tiny light bulb’s usual lifespan is 5-10 years, a contemporary LED should last 100 years or longer before failing.
- The mould is filled with liquid plastic or epoxy, according to the package’s optical needs (with a lens or connection at the end).
- The epoxy has set and the packaging is finished.
So this was the actual LED manufacturing process. You can start a small scale manufacturing unit.
But, What if you want to make money only from the LED assembly business? How will you do it?
Let’s look further in the article.
How to start an LED assembly business from home?
The installation of an LED-based lighting system is time-consuming. The procedures for assembling an LED light are as follows:
- Obtain/import milliwatt-rated LED chips, circuitry, and other mounting components.
- Install milliwatt-rated LED chips on the PCB board beside the rectifier, filter, and other circuits.
- To make a small device, add a holder cap to the PCB board and plastic modules with Smokey reflectors.
- Inspect and test the completed LED lighting system and packaging.
You will need some raw material and machinery. Here is a list below.
led bulb manufacturing machine and raw material
- LED chips
- Heat sink devices
- Metallic cap holder
- Rectifier circuit with filter
- Reflector plastic glass
- Plastic body
- Soldering flux
- Connecting wire
- Packaging material and other miscellaneous items
Apart from this, you will need some equipment for the LED Manufacturing business plan.
B22 cap with wire: This is the portion that the male scouts in order to order a bulb. With a lumen efficiency of 110 lumens per watt, the LED bulb is the most efficient.
In comparison to CFL, standard bulbs, and tube lights, LED bulbs to use less energy and produce a brighter light.
Case with an aluminum plate: The aluminum plate will safeguard and extend the product’s life.
The bulb will be protected for a year with this case. As a result, we will provide a one-year warranty on our product.
This plate helps to resist heat transfer from the light to the electrical board. It is necessary to keep track of how long the product has been damaged.
LED driver on board (LED board): There are two types of boards for LED bulbs. There are two types of drivers: onboard and separate.
This aids in obtaining the product’s warranty. If you utilize the onboard driver, you will get a year of warranty.
The product will be covered for two years by a separate driver.
List of LED manufacturing machines For LED bulb manufacturing business.
- Digital multi-meter.
- LCD meter.
- LUX meter.
- continuity tester.
- solder machine.
- packing machine.
- sealing machine.
- High-speed LED mounting machine.
- LED chip SMD mounting machine.
- candle light assembly machine for LED
- LED light Assembly machine.
- PCB LED assembly machine.
- Tube light LED assembly machine.
led bulb manufacturing plant
Why set up a large-scale LED bulb manufacturing plant unit?
According to government regulations, entrepreneurs that choose to build a large-scale LED manufacturing factory are eligible for several perks.
The Indian government offers a special package of privileges to large-scale LED manufacturing firm owners.
Under the Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme, these business owners or entrepreneurs can take advantage of an incentive in the Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) industry (M-ISPS).
The applicant (company owner/entrepreneur) can only take advantage of the incentives if they invest in the project within ten years of the application date.
There was an article on business-standard. They were talking about the LED manufacturing business. Let’s seek further what they say.
With a financial allocation of Rs 6,238 crore, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) plan for white products — air conditioners and LED lights.
As a result, the new system is now fully operational, and all qualifying firms may now take advantage of financial incentives to increase capacity. Click here to see the full article.
led bulb manufacturing plant cost in India
We have discussed here two types of LED manufacturing business types.
The first is the LED manufacturing process, where you have to set up a led bulb manufacturing unit and the second is the LED assembly business.
You can start an LED assembly business from home also.
So, for the first one led bulb manufacturing cost could be around 3-5 lakhs. Where led assembly business can start with a minimum of 10,000 rupees.
LED Light Manufacturing Business Registrations and Licenses:
An entrepreneur who wants to start an LED manufacturing firm must first seek a license and registration from the government. Depending on the sort of LED lights you want to create, they may additionally demand certain paperwork.
Here is a list of licenses you need to get from government authorities.
1) Company Registration with ROC (Registrar of Companies)
2) Trade license from Municipal Authority
3) Bureau of Energy Efficiency Certification
4) GST registration
5) NOC from Pollution Control Board
6) Udyog Aadhar MSME Certification
7) BIS Certification
8) Trade Mark
9) IEC Code
You probably already know that LED lighting is not just a great way to save money on power, but it’s also a great method to create high-quality light at a low cost.
LEDs are the future of all lighting companies, and their importance cannot be overstated, given the surge in demand for LEDs.
You can start a small scale manufacturing unit. LED manufacturing is a low investment Manufacturing business idea.
This is the most profitable business idea in rural areas.