Recycling business is a future business idea. Many people are entering in this business. Let’s see how to start a recycling business?
How to start an E-waste recycling business plan?
What is e-scrape basically?
E-scrape means it is unusable electronics, almost not working, or completed its life span. It includes tv, medical machine, VCRs, fax machine, and many more. Let’s see e waste recycling business plan.
There is a huge opportunity in the e-waste recycling business in India because of a growing population and ultimately increasing demand for technical equipment.
Let’s see how to start a recycling business?
As we all know that technical equipment becomes unusable after some decades or some years of using it.
That’s why it needs to recycle it and make usable after some improvements. Rather than directly scrape it.
Now you got it. We have to make reusable it and sell it into its respective market. This is our one of e-waste recycling business opportunities
Then what to do? Where is the growing market and e-waste recycling business opportunities? and how to start e waste recycling business in India?
It is India because India is the 5th largest e-waste producer in the world.
Then why we don’t take advantage of it for our business.
Do you know which product is mostly in demand for recycling?
It is computer 70%, Telecommunication equipment 12%, electrical 7%, and medical equipments 6%. And it is growing by 30% annually.
That’s why there are e-waste management problems faces by many governments.
If we didn’t properly manage e-waste, then it is harmful to our health.
E-waste is harmful to health
It is not only harmful to those who are working with e-waste management but also to those who live around it.
If E-waste is dumped in soil then it will leach some chemical or toxic materials in the soil Which can also cause minerals.
How e-waste is managed by people or the government? -e waste recycling plant
There are EPR guidelines from the government. With help of EPR, electrical equipment producers company are liable to collect e-waste from 30-70%.
There are lots of batteries and wires and electrical equipment that I have used in my life but didn’t think about e-waste problems.
Any individual or you can also help to control the e-waste problem.
But how it is possible individually?
Here are some tips to manage your e-waste individually.
- Buy less electrical gadgets
- Systematically organize what you have
- Donate your e-waste.
- Give it back to the store
- Resell it
- Give it to the recycling unit.
This is your e-waste recycling business opportunity.
Many entrepreneurs like you are trying to
start e-waste business plan because of its high market potential.
How much is the worth to start an e waste recycling business plan in India and abroad?
Do you know how much is the worth of e-waste? For your information…
E-waste is a high source of gold, silver, and other precious metals.
You can make huge money by reselling e-waste products. You only have to recycle e-waste.
Isn’t it a great opportunity?
Now here is the main part of the article. The question that every entrepreneur in the e-waste recycling business wants to know.
e waste recycling business plan.
To start any type of business you need to get some license and permits from a local authority or the government.
whether it is a GST number or an IEC permit.
How can I get a license and authority for an e-waste recycling business plan in India?
- Rules and licenses are applied for every one of them, which I mentioned below.
- Bulk consumer
- Collection centers
- Recycle involved
The Ministry of Environment has been introduced these rules in 2016 for e-waste management.
As well, apart from this, every manufacture of electrical equipment can apply for EPR means extended Producer responsibility in form-I.
The state pollution board/committee will give authorization to dismantlers and recyclers.
If you are a refurbisher of e-waste then you can get authorization from the state pollution board by filling form-I for e waste recycling plant.
The procedure of e-waste authorization or license. (how to start a recycling business?)
Starting an e-waste recycling and manufacturing business necessitates a variety of government permissions and licences. The basic specifications, however, can differ from state to state. We’ve put together a list of some of the most important products.
- To begin, fill out an application for Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration. This is something you can do online.
- Then, go to the state Pollution Control Board and request a “consent to create” permit.
- You must file multiple papers in order to apply. Site plan/index, topographical map, detailed plant layout with DG set capability in KVA, Process Flowsheet, details of water quality/air pollution control systems, SSI Certificate or NOC from Directorate of Industries are among the items on the list.
- Consent payments in the form of a DD payable to the state PCB, a NOC from the local body, and an undertaking on 20Rs stamp paper or a CA certificate regarding potential investments.
- You will have to download application form-I from the e-waste management rule.
- And there is a need to create a complete e-waste management plan
- The expert consultant also needed to filling form-1 Of e-waste management rule-2016
- Create a complete e-waste management plan along with a channelization system For targeted collection.
- You would require approval from the environment ministry to import e-scrap if you wish to import it. CBEC will also provide you with a comprehensive protocol (Central Board of Excise and Customs).
Documents needed for e-waste recycling business license:
Name and address proof
Contact person with designation and contact details
Authorization required for (tick below)Generation During manufacturing and refurbishing
Treatment if any Storage, collection, and transportation, Refurbishing
- E-waste details
- The total quantity of e-waste generated in a metric ton
- Quantity of refurbished
- Quantity Sent for recycling
- Quantity sent for disposal
- Details of facilities for storage handling and treatments.
What type of e waste recycling machinery used in the e waste recycling process?
Here is a list of e waste recycling machinery.
- Primary shredders
- Secondary shredders
- Vibratory feeder
- Eddy current separator
- Vibratory screen
- Overband Magnetic separator
- Suspension magnet
- Conveyer belt
- Drum separator
- Electrostatic drum separator
- Color sorter
- Metal Detector
- Shaking table
- Magnetic pully
- Air separator
- Gyratory Screen separator
Area required and investment cost of an e-waste recycling plant in India.
Sufficient space, infrastructure, and equipment are the basic requirements for your recycling business.
It is good if you have your land for e-waste management.
Because you can save the rental expenses if you have your property.
Averagely event management businesses required an area of approximately 2000 square feet.
e waste recycling plant cost:
The initial investment is also the main part. you will have to invest approximately 10 lakh rupees as an initial investment in the e-waste management business.
your plant and machinery cost will be around 4 to 5 million rupees. Also, remember this your operational cost is different than your initial investment.
You can start an e-waste management business plan with the franchise or your own also as an entrepreneur.
But if you start with a franchise it will reduce your cost and also helps you in project management.
There are different types of operational expenses including in e waste recycling process.
- Cost of scrap
- Labor cost
- Logistic expense
- Marketing expense
- Spares and consumables
- Electricity and water
We will have to invest our money in these operational expenses.
By calculating startup cost and operational cost your e waste recycling plant cost is approximately 20 lakh rupees for the e-waste recycling business in India.
How can I start a computer recycling business in India?
how to start a recycling center?
- You can start a computer recycling business or any type of e-waste recycling business by following this simple guide.
- Collect computer motherboard, monitors, CPU and start to computers recycling business.
- This is a computer generation and we use a lot of them. And alternatively, it is converted into e-waste also.
- Apart from desktop and mouse, there is e-waste of wires, printers, hard disk, ram, processor, fan, circuit, and so on.
How to start a computer recycling business plan?
- Computer recycling is also a one of the great e-waste recycling business opportunities.
- You can extract precious metals like gold, copper, palladium, lead, from computers to utilize It in e waste recycling process.
- Tin, silica, plastic, glass are also material which can be utilized and recycled.
- Small accessories in a computer can be removed to manufacturer-new one.
- Not all parts are useless in the old computer you can utilize them and recycled them based on requirements.
- It is possible to polish, refurbished old parts of the computer and sell them at a high price.
How to decide which computer product you should be recycled?
There are different recycled methods for every computer product. That’s why we will have to decide on specific types of product in computer recycling.
Here I am mentioning some recycling methods of the computer recycling business plan.
How to start a recycling business?
In every desktop computer, monitor., there are cathode ray tubes that can be easily removed and we can be sold separately.
There is an LCD screen and TFT screen on an old computer. You can sell them at the best price after some repair and polishing.
Precious metals are also existing in computers which can be removed and sold it individually.
CPU – central processing unit.
Central processing unit a CPU is the brain of the computer.
There are different parts of CPUs like motherboard, RAM, processor, hard disk, Circuit board, sockets, and many more.
You can sell the CPU at a second-hand price after repairing and installing some products which are not working properly.
There could be some keys which are not working properly which can be easily removed and replaced to sold at a second-hand price
Or one can sell a keyboard to completely recycle where it is melted to make a new one.
In most cases, a mouse is completely useless you cannot repair and sell it at a second-hand price.
that’s why we will have to melt it down to make it a new one
Other accessories like UPS printer laptop modem router can be easily or recycled to sell at the best price.
If it is completely useless in them we will have to break down into small pieces and melt them to make a new one.
Read more: what emerging recycling technology exists?
How to make money recycling electronics?
In the e-waste recycling business, assume you have collected 1ton personal computer e-waste from your local area.
Do you know how do recycling companies make money? let’s see further details.
It will give you approximately 400 grams of precious metal like gold. Its cost would be around 12 lakh rupees.
You can earn 15 lakh rupees from one-ton computer e-waste recycling business opportunities approximately.
This is how you can make money recycling electronics.
According to environmental science and technology TV electronics, computers, PCs are the most profitable e-waste recycling projects because of precious metals.
Every product in the e-waste recycling business is hard to recycle. it is a challenging game.
Because the materials used in electronics are not designed to recycle and reuse.
that’s why it is challenging and the biggest problem in the e-waste recycling business opportunities.
E-waste recycling is most important thing.
- To begin with, e-waste includes a significant number of precious metals. We may still use certain metals after they’ve been recovered from waste.
- Recycling e-waste aids in the efficient management of solid waste.
- Toxic compounds such as lead, arsenic, cadmium, and chromium are used in obsolete mobile devices.
- These can also very damaging to the climate. As a result, adequate e-waste disposal is important.
- E-waste now accounts for more than 70% of the emissions in the environment. E-waste disposal is the only way to reduce emissions in the world.
E-waste recycling business potential in India:
Essentially, the demand for e-waste is increasing in tandem with the growing need to upgrade to newer technologies.
The desire to introduce modern technologically innovative devices results in the production of millions of tonnes of E-Waste in different parts of the world.
E- scrap business has a potential that’s why we have to learn about how to start a recycling center.
According to the International Finance Corporation (IFC), India’s electronic waste market will generate 4.5 lakh direct jobs by 2025, with another 1.8 lakh jobs in related logistics and manufacturing industries.
Smart devices, televisions, and computing devices, in particular, are growing rapidly around the world. The selling of these mobile products is steadily growing, thanks to raising buying power and a rising pattern of disposable income.
Customers are now being enticed to replace their old products with new products because of new product releases with upgraded features and added facilities. The lifetime of these instruments has been limited to about 3-4 years as a result of this.
As a result, the amount of e-waste generated is rapidly increasing. As a result, in the coming years, the continuing selling of electronics devices would create a profitable environment for e-waste management.